This year has been a busy year for Six Flags Over Georgia. If you haven’t heard early this year Six Flags Over Georgia expanded to include Hurricane Harbor, but now they have out done themselves by expanding their season to bring us Holiday In The Park! My family was thrilled to attend the media preview of Holiday In The Park at Six Flags Over Georgia, to view the more than 1 million twinkling LED lights, falling snow and thrilling roller coasters with Santa waiting at the North Pole.
The holiday spirit starts before you even enter the gates of the park! My boys giggled with delight at the sight of the Nutcracker Soldiers waiting to welcome us in. Once inside the we were treated to samples of festive holiday food and drinks that are available throughout the park. Make sure to stop by Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen and grab a delicious bowl of chili!
The lighting and decor throughout the park are so beautiful and mesmerizing that it will surely put you in the Christmas spirit. Holiday In The Park provides guests with more than a dozen spots to snap a photo for their family holiday card with vivid lights shining all around.
We were able to see even more lights and enjoy a relaxing ride on the train to the North Pole! The boys and I found ourselves singing some of our favorite holiday tunes as we enjoyed the sights and sounds during the trip.
The highlight for your little ones will likely be when they get to see the big guy himself. At the North Pole Santa Claus awaits to greet all the little girls and boys, and to take a picture which you will have for years to come.
If all of that wasn’t enough Six flags Over Georgia and At&T U-Verse surprised select bloggers who were in attendance with an item off their Christmas wish list! I still can’t believe and am so grateful that I was gifted a PS4, which was a big hit with my guys! Score one for mom! If having a blast with your family during the holiday season is on your wish list Six Flags Over Georgia is the place to go!
More Reasons Why You MUST Visit Holiday In The Park This Season:
- A Main Street Christmas park entrance experience with a light canopy featuring 165,000 lights, more than 15,000 feet of garland, artificial snow and a huge Christmas tree with holographic ornament technology;
- Peppermint Plaza, featuring red and white holiday lights and fresh scents of peppermint, special holiday Peppermint Funnel Cakes and the chance to ride the Georgia Scorcher roller coaster;
- A 130-foot high cable-wired lit Christmas tree, special Military tribute, Hometown Holiday’s new live show, two of the park’s most popular rides – Goliath and Dare Devil Dive – and a 15-foot Snow Globe walk-through experience in Retro Christmas USA;
- The opportunity to warm up by the open fire, ride the classic Georgia Cyclone roller coaster and roast s’mores in S’mores Village;
- A garland-archway featuring dozens of mistletoes, more than 100,000 lights and chandeliers that make up the most beautiful outdoor holiday ball of all in Georgia in A Merry Mistletoe;
- And, the iconic topping of the event – the historic 1908 Riverview Carousel at Candlelight Carousel featuring more than 100,000 lights, artificial snow, more than 150 Christmas trees and more than 250 luminary candles for the ultimate family holiday experience.
- And so much more…
Enjoy A Sneak Peek Of What Awaits You
Six Flags Over Georgia 2015 Season Passes are now on sale and provide unlimited visits to Holiday in the Park and all of 2015. For a limited time, with the purchase of a Season Pass four-pack or more, guests will receive free admission to both Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water, along with free season parking and visits to any Six Flags Theme Park with every pass.